Thursday, June 7, 2012

Yes, You, the Man in a Cloak


People say - 'Time flies'
And I thought - 'Yea, they got that right'
Fleetingly, three years had gone by
Seemed and felt like only yesternight,
When you went forth to take your flight.

I felt your absence, to say the least
Of your smiles which I really miss
Of your laughter full of zany wits
Of our topic of talks - the funny twists
A companionship, a time of bliss.

But, on many an occasion, arguments did ignite
More often than not, we don't see things eye to eye
Ignoring dilemmas that should've been brought to light
Headstrong, differing ideals - my temper simply rised
You appease and pacify - still it ends with sad sighs.

We could've praised the different qualities in us
Instead of trivialities that undermine love's worth
Thus, bemused I am, how all now seems absurd 
Better we appreciate our friendship it so deserve
Beautiful memories in welcoming your safe return.

Foolish it will be, to think you won't be changed
With all the different experiences you had gained
But I know your visions and goals remain the same
To make better the chosen people, and the holy place
A lifelong mission you chose to dedicate, will not wane.

The inner strength you're preservering
The resilient person you're becoming
I'm proud, the things you'll be achieving
Dear pure sweet soul, the one and only
I wish you a joyful warm homecoming.


~eVe~
celebrating life 
(2012)


No comments: